PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
INNOVATION IS OUR PASSION.
Securecell is the trusted partner for biopharma, enabling them to bring new therapies to patients in a safe, efficient and economical way. We innovate ground-breaking measuring and control engineering technologies to radically improve bioprocessing, medical treatment and patient health. For more than 25 years, we have been delivering innovative solutions in bioprocess control for biotech, pharma and academia. This expertise and experience provided the fundament for the technology transfer into the MedTech space and the development of Seraccess, a truly disruptive diabetes therapy.
Continuing steadily on our sustainable innovation path and growth journey, we are looking for a
PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
for our Biotech Business
At our headquarters in Zurich, Switzerland, our engineers innovate next-generation technologies that change how biopharma digitizes and automates bioprocess development. Our vision is to maintain this leading position and stand out significantly from all other bioprocess software applications and automated sampling systems. If you have a curious mindset which drives you to always learn and challenge the status quo, and you are interested in bioprocesses automation you could lead our products to further strengthen our leading position in this high-tech life science market. Your responsibilities will include but will not be limited to the following:
- Leading engineering activities and turning multidisciplinary requirements for our innovative products into concepts and great mechanical design
- Building functional models and prototypes to challenge and validate your concepts
- Responsible for the mechanical design workflow and its technical documentation
- Liaising with suppliers to manufacture components which meet the required quality standards and on time
- Collaborating with colleagues on specific projects to push our technology forward
- Open minded, versatile, enthusiastic driven to embrace new challenges across the board and to make a difference
- Degree as mechatronic or mechanical engineer with at least 3 Years of experience in leading product development and engineering projects from concept up to manufacturing
- Experience with specifications, design and development of mechatronic devices and systems ideally within a regulated environment such as in the aerospace or automotive industry
- Hands-on experience and broad knowledge with traditional manufacturing processes, rapid prototyping methods and applicable ‘design for manufacturability’ guidelines
- Solid experience with designing, building and testing small laboratory devices
- Highly proficient in CAD Design and Solidworks is strongly preferred and experience in small scale fluidics (e.g. peristaltic or syringe pumps) and knowledge in bioprocessing and analytical technologies are a big plus
- Confident in managing outsourcing and conducting negotiations with external suppliers
- A valid work permit and excellent verbal and written communication in English are a must, German is nice to have
Securecell offers a highly diverse international working environment and the opportunity to collaborate with highly skilled individuals from various disciplines. Partnership and interdisciplinary collaboration are at the core of our company, our research activities, and the commercialization of our marketed products. We nurture true innovation and creative thinking to advance our research projects as well as to continuously improve our marketed products. At Securecell, you will discover a challenging job, inspiring colleagues, and a true purpose. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Securecell headquarters are in Urdorf, Switzerland – right near Zurich.